Skip to main content

5 TYPES OF DIGITAL MARKETING (2026)

   

It's a new dawn in the marketing industry. Digital marketing is making waves so much right now because of the world's digitization now.
Consumers are moving to online channels, with around 4.4 billion people worldwide.

But first what actually is Digital Marketing?

Digital marketing;
Digital marketing promotes products or brands on the internet using either a computer or a smartphone.
This could be through social media, email, or any form of advertising on the internet.


Types of Digital Marketing
 

1. Social media marketing,
There is increasing and growing use of social media these days. Popular platforms are Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, and many other platforms, which see over 3.2 billion users a day.
These social media apps allow marketers to advertise on the platforms through sponsorship to easily reach their prospective customers.
These apps have a lot of their user's data, knowing their preferences and locations. With these data, they have a higher chance of reaching the right audience.


2. Search Engine Optimization Marketing;



This type of marketing is a bit of work and has some technicalities.
The consumer, for instance, goes to Google and types in what they are looking for.
In this case, study, let's say the consumer types in ''best television to buy'', the consumer is likely to click on one of the first 3 search results to appear and make a purchase.
With this in mind, the marketer will always want to find a way to make his content be among the top 3 results to show up in the search engine result.

3. Affiliate Marketing;
Affiliate marketing is promoting companies, services, or products, and you earn commissions when you make a sale, or better still,  there are some offers you deserve when the clients make just an action. For instance, the client signs in to only register.



4. Influencer Marketing;
Influencer marketing is the type of marketing where brands and companies who want to promote their products contact influencers with huge followers to help market their products. These influencers help to promote the products at a fee for the marketers.

5. Video Marketing;
This is arguably one of the easiest ways to market your product. Marketers are capitalizing on this marketing strategy because, according to a survey conducted, about 70% of consumers say they have confidence in buying a product after watching its video online.


Digital marketing salary.

Many people have approached me several times with the question, what are the estimated digital marketing salaries?

Well, I will say it differs from the location. For instance, it will be expected that someone from a first-world country will earn much more than someone from a third-world country.

In the United States, digital marketers can make around $61,190 per year, while in Africa, the salary starts at approximately $5,200 per year.

Digital marketing jobs

What are the easy ways to get digital marketing jobs? Well, there are many ways in which you can go about that.

First of all, there are a lot of platforms on which you can get digital marketing jobs. Fiverr and Upwork are the most accessible platforms for getting digital marketing jobs and earning a lot of money by taking on more clients.

You can also approach business owners who you think will be interested in taking their businesses online. Explain what they tend to gain when they take their businesses digital. You can also become a digital marketing consultant where your primary responsibilities are to guide companies on the right paths for their companies to succeed.

Wrapping up,

Digital marketing has come to stay, and it has proven on several occasions to outperform the traditional types of marketing.
Therefore, marketers who want to reach their clients would have to move to digital marketing to significantly impact them.

More articles below




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026 Easy Way To Fix Floating Floor Gaps under $60

  In one way or the other, most of us have faced the problem of having gaps develop between planks on our floors. Thus if you have laminate or engineering floor, you will be familiar with this problem.    image from floorgapfixer.com It is a problem I face most often, and I will show you an easy step-by-step way you can fix this yourself for under $100! We face this problem mainly because laminate or engineered wood flooring has been designed to expand and contract during seasonal changes in weather conditions. The floors, according to the designs, have not been nailed to the subframe so this expansion and contraction is common.   I recently just found out that many face this problem too. Hence, this article to help solve this problem. It was terrible when I first discovered this problem; I had gaps like an inch long on my floor. I contacted a carpenter to come to fix it, and that cost me a lot. So when this started happening again, I took to the in...

Consequences of lying to kids and teenagers

‘’ Katie, go and work on your homework!’’ Katie; – Mom, I’ve already done that. Okay. I headed straight to his bedroom and then came across his school books opened. I decided to check and see if he has done the work correctly, only to find out that he hadn’t touched it yet. I guess you’ve experienced a similar thing before, and you also know how disheartening that is. When I found out that he was lying about doing his homework, it really broke my heart. I was lost for words because this was the first time he lied straight in my face. I was in disbelief and shocked. I didn’t know what to do about the situation, so I sat on his bed to process what was going on and how best I could address it. I knew the best way to deal with the situation was to let him know the consequences of lying. That will let him understand his actions and the harmful effects it is likely to have on him if he continues with them. But since it was my first time being a parent, I had to research by as...

Shocking Pregnancy Reveal: Will Her Girlfriend Freak Out or Celebrate?

Did you really watch this video where this girl is about to drop the biggest bombshell on her girlfriend? It’s not just any news—it’s a pregnancy announcement! And the best part? She hasn’t even told her girlfriend yet! If you missed it, don’t worry, because we’re about to dive into the details of this wild story. Trust me, you’re going to want to stick around for the tea. So, here’s the scoop. This girl and her girlfriend usually get their periods around the same time. But this time, something was off—her period was really, really late. Now, we all know that could mean one thing, right?  So she goes out and buys a pregnancy test, and what do you think happens? It comes out positive! But hold on—she didn’t stop there. Like any of us would, she wanted to be absolutely sure, so she went back and bought two more tests. And guess what? Both of them said the same thing: she’s pregnant! Now, let’s pause for a second. Can you imagine finding out you’re pregnant and not telling anyone for ...