Skip to main content

Benefits of bonding with your baby

 

The definition of bonding is the establishment of a relationship with someone based on feeling, interest, or experience.

As a newborn's parent, you must create that bond with your child at an early stage of his life; this is because there are a lot of negative impacts which will be on the child if there isn't a proper bonding between the parent and the child.

A study conducted by a group of scientists who wanted to find out the importance of bonding, used mannequins as mothers for newborn monkeys; they made sure the figures were soft enough to touch just like a mother monkey, and they were able to feed the baby using the mannequin.

At the end of the brief experiment, they realized that the baby monkeys were less socialized because they couldn't get the motherly interactions they should have with their natural mother. They were also noticed to suffer from despair.

The result of the experiment showed the scientists the importance of bonding between parents and their babies and why it must not be jeopardized. 

In this article today, we will be looking at some of the importance of why a baby must bond with its parent.

Importance of bonding with your baby

freepik.com

1. Strengthen immune system;

According to some researchers, skin-to-skin contact between a baby and the mother can help in the production of breast milk, which, as we know, helps build babies' immune systems.

When a mother comes into contact with germs, her body produces antibodies that help her fight off these infections, and these antibodies are transferred to the child through the mother's breast milk to help the child fight these infections.

2. Supports the child's development;

The early stages of the child's life are when he learns many things about life. Things like social skills, how to talk, and other mental development.

Some studies also indicated that bonding helps the baby's brain cells develop, making them identify who they are and how best to deal with life issues.

3. Promotes self-confidence;

Having a connection with your baby has so many benefits, and one is that it promotes your baby's self-confidence.

Bonding with them will show them that they are loved and in the best environment, which helps them develop a positive mentality and influences their confidence.

4. Helps baby feel safe;

When the baby sees you smile or cuddle him, he becomes happy and knows that the world is safe for him to play and learn new things, which helps in laying a good foundation for his well-being.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026 Easy Way To Fix Floating Floor Gaps under $60

  In one way or the other, most of us have faced the problem of having gaps develop between planks on our floors. Thus if you have laminate or engineering floor, you will be familiar with this problem.    image from floorgapfixer.com It is a problem I face most often, and I will show you an easy step-by-step way you can fix this yourself for under $100! We face this problem mainly because laminate or engineered wood flooring has been designed to expand and contract during seasonal changes in weather conditions. The floors, according to the designs, have not been nailed to the subframe so this expansion and contraction is common.   I recently just found out that many face this problem too. Hence, this article to help solve this problem. It was terrible when I first discovered this problem; I had gaps like an inch long on my floor. I contacted a carpenter to come to fix it, and that cost me a lot. So when this started happening again, I took to the in...

Consequences of lying to kids and teenagers

‘’ Katie, go and work on your homework!’’ Katie; – Mom, I’ve already done that. Okay. I headed straight to his bedroom and then came across his school books opened. I decided to check and see if he has done the work correctly, only to find out that he hadn’t touched it yet. I guess you’ve experienced a similar thing before, and you also know how disheartening that is. When I found out that he was lying about doing his homework, it really broke my heart. I was lost for words because this was the first time he lied straight in my face. I was in disbelief and shocked. I didn’t know what to do about the situation, so I sat on his bed to process what was going on and how best I could address it. I knew the best way to deal with the situation was to let him know the consequences of lying. That will let him understand his actions and the harmful effects it is likely to have on him if he continues with them. But since it was my first time being a parent, I had to research by as...

Shocking Pregnancy Reveal: Will Her Girlfriend Freak Out or Celebrate?

Did you really watch this video where this girl is about to drop the biggest bombshell on her girlfriend? It’s not just any news—it’s a pregnancy announcement! And the best part? She hasn’t even told her girlfriend yet! If you missed it, don’t worry, because we’re about to dive into the details of this wild story. Trust me, you’re going to want to stick around for the tea. So, here’s the scoop. This girl and her girlfriend usually get their periods around the same time. But this time, something was off—her period was really, really late. Now, we all know that could mean one thing, right?  So she goes out and buys a pregnancy test, and what do you think happens? It comes out positive! But hold on—she didn’t stop there. Like any of us would, she wanted to be absolutely sure, so she went back and bought two more tests. And guess what? Both of them said the same thing: she’s pregnant! Now, let’s pause for a second. Can you imagine finding out you’re pregnant and not telling anyone for ...