Skip to main content

Powerful guide to creating a morning routine for kids

Let's face it, raising a child can be really challenging with the stress that comes with it every morning where you, the parent have to put a lot in place before the child goes to school.

It becomes worse off if you have more children, that is to say, more responsibilities.

I know how hectic it could be in the morning for parents because I have been there before, and it isn't something that I wish on even my worse enemy.

But with time, I was able to find a way to change the situation by creating morning routines for the kids, which I will share with you in this article.

Before we find out how you can create a morning routine for your child, let us first look at why it is essential to make morning routines for kids.

Importance of morning routines for kids.

freepik.com

Creating morning routines for children helps them learn some basic life skills, helps the family run smoothly, and also helps reduce the stress on parents.

Here are the importance of morning routines for kids.

 It creates confidence;

Kids learning morning routines will make them feel very happy about themselves because they can give a helping hand to the parent, which they know will be valued by them.

 You will be appreciated more;

Making your child start morning routines daily will make him appreciate you more, and this is because he now has the opportunity to feel all you go through every day.

 It reduces stress;

The child, too, will be less stressed and anxiety-free when he can help do some of the morning chores.

Because morning routines are similar to exercises, they will assist the youngster in diverting his attention away from anything that may be causing him to become worried, as well as producing endorphins, which are responsible for making us feel good.

With this information in our hands, now we can move straight ahead to find out how you can create a working morning routine for your kids for the benefits mentioned above.

How to create morning routines for children

 Create a routine list;

Make a list of all your daily routines and put it up for everyone to see. The list can include making breakfast, doing laundry, piano lessons, washing dishes, tidying up the room, and so on.

With this list displaced, ask your child to select which routines he will have no problem helping out with, and then you can take things on from there.

Related; How to teach kids how to clean their bedrooms

How to get kids started on doing chores

 Work together;

It is natural for people to refuse what is asked of them, and children are no exception.

Sometimes assigning duties to the child can lead to him asking questions about why you want them to do that, and at times they accuse you of being unfair to them.

Asking them to join you in working together can prevent that since everybody is involved in getting things done.

The advantage this always bring is you will have a lot of free time on your hand that you can use to do something fun together as a family.

 Give age-appropriate routines;

freepik.com

You wouldn't be asking a 2-year-old to go do the dishes, would you? Of course not, and doing that will only be met with resistance or shoddy work.

In the case of a two-year-old, for instance, you can give them routines that are life skills that will be essential for him to know.

Brushing his teeth, combing of hair, or washing his hands are some of the few life skills you can let kids of younger age take up as their daily routine.

 Give conditions;

I will explain what this means instead of asking them to do this chore directly, rephrase that in a way that they will not have any other option but to do what is required of them.

This is particular for older kids who have the stubborn habit of disobeying.

If you want to assign a chore as a daily routine, let it come with a condition.

For example," you can only go on the computer after tidying up your room."

Since children are addicted to being online to chat with their friends or play online games, they will always do their morning tasks to avoid trouble.

I hope you have learned am this article. You are now set to get your kids to start helping out at home.

Kindly share this article with your friends and family to help create a great society.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026 Easy Way To Fix Floating Floor Gaps under $60

  In one way or the other, most of us have faced the problem of having gaps develop between planks on our floors. Thus if you have laminate or engineering floor, you will be familiar with this problem.    image from floorgapfixer.com It is a problem I face most often, and I will show you an easy step-by-step way you can fix this yourself for under $100! We face this problem mainly because laminate or engineered wood flooring has been designed to expand and contract during seasonal changes in weather conditions. The floors, according to the designs, have not been nailed to the subframe so this expansion and contraction is common.   I recently just found out that many face this problem too. Hence, this article to help solve this problem. It was terrible when I first discovered this problem; I had gaps like an inch long on my floor. I contacted a carpenter to come to fix it, and that cost me a lot. So when this started happening again, I took to the in...

Consequences of lying to kids and teenagers

‘’ Katie, go and work on your homework!’’ Katie; – Mom, I’ve already done that. Okay. I headed straight to his bedroom and then came across his school books opened. I decided to check and see if he has done the work correctly, only to find out that he hadn’t touched it yet. I guess you’ve experienced a similar thing before, and you also know how disheartening that is. When I found out that he was lying about doing his homework, it really broke my heart. I was lost for words because this was the first time he lied straight in my face. I was in disbelief and shocked. I didn’t know what to do about the situation, so I sat on his bed to process what was going on and how best I could address it. I knew the best way to deal with the situation was to let him know the consequences of lying. That will let him understand his actions and the harmful effects it is likely to have on him if he continues with them. But since it was my first time being a parent, I had to research by as...

Shocking Pregnancy Reveal: Will Her Girlfriend Freak Out or Celebrate?

Did you really watch this video where this girl is about to drop the biggest bombshell on her girlfriend? It’s not just any news—it’s a pregnancy announcement! And the best part? She hasn’t even told her girlfriend yet! If you missed it, don’t worry, because we’re about to dive into the details of this wild story. Trust me, you’re going to want to stick around for the tea. So, here’s the scoop. This girl and her girlfriend usually get their periods around the same time. But this time, something was off—her period was really, really late. Now, we all know that could mean one thing, right?  So she goes out and buys a pregnancy test, and what do you think happens? It comes out positive! But hold on—she didn’t stop there. Like any of us would, she wanted to be absolutely sure, so she went back and bought two more tests. And guess what? Both of them said the same thing: she’s pregnant! Now, let’s pause for a second. Can you imagine finding out you’re pregnant and not telling anyone for ...