Skip to main content

5 Tips To Help Your Toddler Start Talking.

It is okay to worry as a parent of a toddler you know at his age should start talking. I have been there before, so I know how that can make you feel a little disturbed.

Today, I have put together some helpful tips on what to do to help your child since not many parents know these tips.

Immediately after birth, babies learn a lot of sounds around them from observation.

Sounds like gurgling and crying are some of a few which come to them naturally. But the rest they learn from observation.  

So how do you help your child learn the exciting words "mummy or daddy," which every parent wants to hear them say within the shortest possible time?

Before we look at how to help your toddler start talking, let's take a little detour here to learn a few things which will also be necessary to this subject.

At what age is it expected for a toddler to start talking?

It differs; every toddler has his own time to before his first word after making his way through all the baby babble.

After four and a half months, it is expected that your baby will start getting familiar with certain sounds.

When the baby is around six months old, they will start making sounds similar to or closer to words.

Your toddler is expected to start communicating using gestures and sometimes grunts from nine months.

At age one, it is normal for the baby to start with his first word, "mummy or daddy," which is always cherished by parents.

So there you have it. These are what to expect at various stages in the child's life regarding starting to talk.

However, if your child passes the one-year mark but still hasn't started talking, but everything about him has been confirmed to be alright by his doctor, these are some ways you can help get him to talk.

Tips to get your toddler to talk.

1. Talk to her;

freepik.com
As you are the first point of contact, you can help speed things up by talking to her in your language.

Use any opportunity to try and communicate with her, whether you get a response or not.

When feeding her, changing her diapers, or playing with her, try and capitalize on these opportunities.

2. Read to her;

Another school of thought also made a strong suggestion in a video I recently watched where they made a case of how reading to your child also helps get her to start talking as soon as possible.

They claim reading to the child will let her pick up new words quickly and also help her to know how to see them appropriately.

3. Use nursery rhymes to teach them;

freepik.com

It is no doubt that babies love music; that is why in almost every culture, there are nursery rhymes.

Most babies learn how to communicate from these songs, so it is highly encouraged for parents to be singing songs to their toddlers.

Let them watch these nursery rhyme videos and play them this music at the slightest opportunity you can get at home or even in the car on the road.

4. Praise them;

Whenever you hear your child talk or try to, praise them and show genuine gratitude to her to know that you are happy with what she said.

This will encourage her to always try and talk.

5. Name items;

Most babies will point out what they want, and helping them name it can help them start to learn how to talk.

For example, if you notice your child pointing to her juice, indicating that she wants that, help her out by saying," do you want thee juice?". And when you get it for her, pronounce the name to her indicating to her what she must say the next time she wants it.

I hope this article helps you also give your toddler a helping hand to start talking as soon as possible.

Kindly share the article so that more parents can be educated on how to help their toddlers start talking within the shortest time possible.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026 Easy Way To Fix Floating Floor Gaps under $60

  In one way or the other, most of us have faced the problem of having gaps develop between planks on our floors. Thus if you have laminate or engineering floor, you will be familiar with this problem.    image from floorgapfixer.com It is a problem I face most often, and I will show you an easy step-by-step way you can fix this yourself for under $100! We face this problem mainly because laminate or engineered wood flooring has been designed to expand and contract during seasonal changes in weather conditions. The floors, according to the designs, have not been nailed to the subframe so this expansion and contraction is common.   I recently just found out that many face this problem too. Hence, this article to help solve this problem. It was terrible when I first discovered this problem; I had gaps like an inch long on my floor. I contacted a carpenter to come to fix it, and that cost me a lot. So when this started happening again, I took to the in...

Consequences of lying to kids and teenagers

‘’ Katie, go and work on your homework!’’ Katie; – Mom, I’ve already done that. Okay. I headed straight to his bedroom and then came across his school books opened. I decided to check and see if he has done the work correctly, only to find out that he hadn’t touched it yet. I guess you’ve experienced a similar thing before, and you also know how disheartening that is. When I found out that he was lying about doing his homework, it really broke my heart. I was lost for words because this was the first time he lied straight in my face. I was in disbelief and shocked. I didn’t know what to do about the situation, so I sat on his bed to process what was going on and how best I could address it. I knew the best way to deal with the situation was to let him know the consequences of lying. That will let him understand his actions and the harmful effects it is likely to have on him if he continues with them. But since it was my first time being a parent, I had to research by as...

Shocking Pregnancy Reveal: Will Her Girlfriend Freak Out or Celebrate?

Did you really watch this video where this girl is about to drop the biggest bombshell on her girlfriend? It’s not just any news—it’s a pregnancy announcement! And the best part? She hasn’t even told her girlfriend yet! If you missed it, don’t worry, because we’re about to dive into the details of this wild story. Trust me, you’re going to want to stick around for the tea. So, here’s the scoop. This girl and her girlfriend usually get their periods around the same time. But this time, something was off—her period was really, really late. Now, we all know that could mean one thing, right?  So she goes out and buys a pregnancy test, and what do you think happens? It comes out positive! But hold on—she didn’t stop there. Like any of us would, she wanted to be absolutely sure, so she went back and bought two more tests. And guess what? Both of them said the same thing: she’s pregnant! Now, let’s pause for a second. Can you imagine finding out you’re pregnant and not telling anyone for ...