Skip to main content

5 essential duties of fathers at home

Fathers play a lot of roles in the lives of their children, which also helps in shaping the lives of children, and for that reason, no child should have his father abandon him if I could have my way.

Most of us who grew up in homes where we had our fathers present learned a lot from them and the majority of people with a present dad turn out to become very responsible individuals in their society.

Since we all might not be this fortunate, I will like to share a few responsibilities of fathers which you can use to raise your child to also become a valuable person in his society even without having that father figure at home.

With the mission of this article being known now, let us quickly jump into the important roles a father must play in the life of his child, which will help shape a wonderful future for him.

Responsibility of fathers to help shape a good future for their kids

1. Be a good role model;

As parents, we are the first contact children learn from as they are growing up. They see everything that we are doing and copy it without knowing if it's good or bad.

With this point made, we can conclude if you exhibit a bad character, your child too will pick on that as a habit which might end up affecting his life negatively in the future.

2. Provide for the family;

I know we now live in a modern world, and nowadays, women also take up the responsibility of providing for the family, but as someone who firmly believes in the traditional ways of doing things, I strongly believe that responsibility is solely for the man (we can argue about that in another article later).

Having children is quite expensive to talk about buying toys, school stuff thus tuition, books, school supplies, and other costs that come with it could at times be hectic, I know, but kids do appreciate it when they see that you are doing your best to provide for them and it also teaches them how to be responsible too when they grow up.

This helps create a good and healthy bond in the family as well.

3. Protect children;

Men, by nature, are stronger, and in some cultures, they are seen as the protectors of the communities they find themselves in.

A father builds healthy self-confidence in his children, and his being always around helps make his kids always feel safe, especially his daughters.

This helps them grow up to their full potential, where they can explore the world to become what they want without being intimidated.

4. Instill discipline;

It is the duty of fathers to instill discipline in their children, and a good father must be seen doing that.

Fathers have the responsibility to spell clear boundaries to their kids on what they can do and what they cannot do.

This, in essence, helps the child know his limits and does everything according to the set rules making him become disciplined.

5. To understand men;

As a father for, especially a girl child, you are the first contact your daughter will have with a man before getting of age to start dating, thus meeting other men.

That being said, you become a form of a standard that will help them pick the right man to spend the rest of their lives with.

If you are a kinda jackass dad, your child will probably end up with a man just like you because they wouldn't see anything wrong with being such a person, and in the long run, they end up ruining their lives and that of their offspring too.

I have seen a lot of kids with fathers at home and those with no fathers at home grow up, and when you compare these two sets of children, you can see a clear difference; your guess is as good as mine on which set turns out to be better.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Easy Way To Fix Floating Floor Gaps under $60

  In one way or the other, most of us have faced the problem of having gaps develop between planks on our floors. Thus if you have laminate or engineering floor, you will be familiar with this problem.    image from floorgapfixer.com It is a problem I face most often, and I will show you an easy step-by-step way you can fix this yourself for under $100! We face this problem mainly because laminate or engineered wood flooring has been designed to expand and contract during seasonal changes in weather conditions. The floors, according to the designs, have not been nailed to the subframe so this expansion and contraction is common.   I recently just found out that many face this problem too. Hence, this article to help solve this problem. It was terrible when I first discovered this problem; I had gaps like an inch long on my floor. I contacted a carpenter to come to fix it, and that cost me a lot. So when this started happening again, I took to the internet to find out

HOW TO INSTALL PEEL AND STICK WALLPAPER (2024)

  Peel and stick wallpapers are fast becoming a new trend, and everybody seems to be joining this trend. I didn't know this was a trend until I visited my brother-in-law one day for his daughter's birthday, and I was astonished when I saw the wallpapers on his wall. It was really breathtaking, and I decided that I must get there, peel and stick wallpapers and transform my house as soon as possible. I got back home in the evening and started researching this peel-and-stick wallpaper and how I could install it. Fortunately for me, I was able to find all the information I was looking for and decided to buy the peel and stick wallpapers right away. I wrote this piece to show you an effortless step-by-step procedure on how you can install a peel and stick wallpaper all by yourself without calling in a handyman and, in the process saving you money. The peel and stick wallpapers are about 18ft long and 20.5 inches wide. Since you now know the measurements of one

How to make kids fall asleep fast

freepik.com Here is how I finally decided to look for ways to make my kids fall asleep fast. I was done with lunch for the kids; the older one, who is 7, started shouting throughout the house, and the little one, who is 4, also joined with his crying, and it was just too much for me to bear. I knew all that was going on because they had nothing to do, and it's not because they hadn't eaten too. You can imagine how furious I became to the extent that I had to start looking around for answers immediately. Quickly, I grabbed my phone to start making some calls to friends who had been in the game for a while before me, I mean the parenting game. To be honest, I was shocked I didn't know all these tips because when I started implementing them, I finally had the peace of mind I always had, which also helped the kids a lot. After all, they got to sleep and relax a bit. I am delighted to share this with the world through this platform. But before we dive into how you can make your