Skip to main content

How to teach a stubborn toddler to talk

pexels.com

I bet if you have a child who does not have any interest in talking, you'd be very worried, and thats how come you came across this article on how to teach a stubborn toddler to talk.

There would be a lot of things running through your mind as to what is actually happening, and you might even go to the extent of wondering if your toddler will grow up and not be able to talk (no offense, please).

Well, there are a lot of children who grew up like this but ended up being able to talk even but actually at a later period than expected.

Actually, toddlers are expected to start saying one to two words at about 15 months and three or more at 18 months; by 2 years, most of them are able to start saying more words and trying sentences.

If by months 18 to 30, your child still fails to start talking, that is when you should be a bit worried.

My first advice to you, if this is happening, is to visit your doctor to make sure everything is okay with your child before seeking home remedies.

If everything is okay after all the checks have been conducted, here is what you should be doing to help speed up the process of getting your stubborn child talking;

1. Create the opportunity;

To get your toddler to start talking, you should be creating a lot of opportunities where you can teach him.

Most of the time, these opportunities arise when the child will want something.

For example, when he wants a toy to play with and starts reaching out or pointing at it, you ask, '' do you want your car? Say car'' point at the toy car, and mention it to him over and over.

Try to create that learning opportunity many times by putting different objects in front of him and teaching him how to pronounce them anytime he reaches out for one.

2. Help them out;

Sometimes, you may come across your toddler attempting to voice out something, and when this happens, encourage him to continue by reacting positively.

Children are people pleasers, and so if he notices that you are happy with what he is doing, he will want to keep going and going.

3. Imitate;

Kids enjoy imitating others, and you can capitalize on this to your advantage. Imitation is a great way to help late talkers start talking quickly.

Try to play games with your toddler by asking him to do as you do; for instant, encourage him to raise his hands up and keep him engaged up to a point where you start bringing in small words. Do this with excitement; as you know, kids love such energy.

4. Describe and comment;

Become talkative even if you are not in front of your toddler, most especially when playing.

Try and comment on all activities he engages in; for an instant, if he is playing with a ball, say '' ball, thats a ball.''

Repeat this over and over, and then at a point in time, ask him to name the things all by himself. Dont go about rushing him to name everything you taught him at that instant; at least if he mentioned one, you can let him be and continue at another time.

5. Record each improvement;

Using a diary, keep track of new and old words your child is familiar with, plus his gestures; I mean, every little new development should be recorded to help you remember the level he has reached in learning and use that to help him build up to become better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Easy Way To Fix Floating Floor Gaps under $60

  In one way or the other, most of us have faced the problem of having gaps develop between planks on our floors. Thus if you have laminate or engineering floor, you will be familiar with this problem.    image from floorgapfixer.com It is a problem I face most often, and I will show you an easy step-by-step way you can fix this yourself for under $100! We face this problem mainly because laminate or engineered wood flooring has been designed to expand and contract during seasonal changes in weather conditions. The floors, according to the designs, have not been nailed to the subframe so this expansion and contraction is common.   I recently just found out that many face this problem too. Hence, this article to help solve this problem. It was terrible when I first discovered this problem; I had gaps like an inch long on my floor. I contacted a carpenter to come to fix it, and that cost me a lot. So when this started happening again, I took to the internet to find out

HOW TO INSTALL PEEL AND STICK WALLPAPER (2024)

  Peel and stick wallpapers are fast becoming a new trend, and everybody seems to be joining this trend. I didn't know this was a trend until I visited my brother-in-law one day for his daughter's birthday, and I was astonished when I saw the wallpapers on his wall. It was really breathtaking, and I decided that I must get there, peel and stick wallpapers and transform my house as soon as possible. I got back home in the evening and started researching this peel-and-stick wallpaper and how I could install it. Fortunately for me, I was able to find all the information I was looking for and decided to buy the peel and stick wallpapers right away. I wrote this piece to show you an effortless step-by-step procedure on how you can install a peel and stick wallpaper all by yourself without calling in a handyman and, in the process saving you money. The peel and stick wallpapers are about 18ft long and 20.5 inches wide. Since you now know the measurements of one

How to make kids fall asleep fast

freepik.com Here is how I finally decided to look for ways to make my kids fall asleep fast. I was done with lunch for the kids; the older one, who is 7, started shouting throughout the house, and the little one, who is 4, also joined with his crying, and it was just too much for me to bear. I knew all that was going on because they had nothing to do, and it's not because they hadn't eaten too. You can imagine how furious I became to the extent that I had to start looking around for answers immediately. Quickly, I grabbed my phone to start making some calls to friends who had been in the game for a while before me, I mean the parenting game. To be honest, I was shocked I didn't know all these tips because when I started implementing them, I finally had the peace of mind I always had, which also helped the kids a lot. After all, they got to sleep and relax a bit. I am delighted to share this with the world through this platform. But before we dive into how you can make your